Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
A plumbing or drainage issue is never something a business wants to deal with. Blocked drains and persistent leaks can be expensive to fix and lead to downtime and reduce the productivity of you and your team. However, untreated plumbing and drainage issues will only escalate and become more serious over time.
Plumbing and drainage problems that are not identified and resolved quickly can potentially lead to problems such as damage to walls and floors, mould, electrical faults and even structural damage that could put the health and safety of your employees at risk. That’s why, when it comes to managing your commercial plumbing and drainage needs, we recommend a programme of planned preventative maintenance (PPM).
What is planned preventative maintenance?
Planned preventative maintenance, also known as PPM, is a scheduled routine to ensure all the infrastructure related to the drainage, plumbing, guttering and grease traps in your business is inspected and maintained at regular intervals. Rather than waiting for drains to become blocked, grease traps to fill or guttering to become damaged, we preempt any problems and put a fix in place at the first opportunity.
Not only is PPM more cost-effective than expensive repair bills, but it can also avoid potentially lengthy interruptions to business operations and damage to the assets of the business itself. Every business is different and has unique plumbing and drainage requirements, so we will create a unique PPM agreement to meet your specific needs. That may include:
- Urinal and toilet pipework
- Internal and external drains
- Maintenance and emptying of grease traps
- Descaling of pipework
- Clearing and maintaining septic tanks and sewage treatment plants
- Clearing drains leading to soakaways
The benefits of planned preventative maintenance
There are a number of compelling benefits of planned preventative maintenance for your business:
- Reduce the number of emergency callouts to your site
- Minimise disruption and downtime
- Meet health and safety legislation and environmental standards
- Have peace of mind that your business is well maintained
- Reduce the risk of problems caused by adverse weather conditions
- Maintain your infrastructure in a cost-effective way
- Manage your budget more effectively
Contact Drain Doctor today
Following an initial free inspection, we will design and implement a monthly, quarterly, twice-yearly or annual planned preventative maintenance programme that meets the specific needs of your business. Get in touch to discuss your requirements today.
Find Out More
Complete the form to arrange a consultation with a member of our commercial team.Start Enquiry
Anthony James Fellows
Good but expensive.
Good and bad points with the service... Good points:
- Very prompt at replying to query.
- Able to come at a time and date that suited me.
- Good communication.
- As far as we know have sorted problem.
- Plumber friendly.
Unfortunately I would not recommend using the service as we are now having to deal with the mess that was left and are about to put our house on the market (which the plumber was aware of).
- Price changed halfway through the job.
- A lot of mess left (grey water on a large part of our garden and patio) if I had known this would be the case I would of asked them not to continue.
- Mess left in neighbours garden (grey water).
- Work not guaranteed as plumber thought he was unable to visualise inspection chamber, after discussing with my husband and reading surveyor report inspection chamber is actually in a different place (on front drive and very accessible). Also was not told work not guaranteed it was just printed on email invoice.
- Very expensive for work done.
Drain Doctor sorted out our blocked drain promptly and efficiently. We would highly recommend their services.
New Town, Edinburgh
Excellent service from start to finish.
Very good Service, I am the estate agent dealing with 2 different sales which both needed drain surveys after the building surveys - Will was very easy to deal with and took note that it was very important for everyone to getting updates on the drain survey results quickly important. With both drain surveys we had the results within hours of the survey taking place.
Town centre, Dorking
Very good service, the chap was polite and got to work straight away, informed us what was going on and what needed to be done.
Miss Amand Owers
Very quick response from start to finish.
Mrs Sarah Lloyd
Drain Doctor provides a full range of commercial plumbing and drainage services to businesses of all sizes, from startups to blue-chip companies. We know that faults and issues can be costly, so we’re available 24/7 to minimise downtime for your business.Learn More
The Drain Doctor Difference
We have been providing professional plumbing and drainage services in the UK since 1994. Currently operating in over 55 locations nationwide, residential and commercial customers trust us to deliver the highest standard of work every time.About Us