Collapsed Drain Repair
There are a number of different ways a drain can become damaged. Often the problem will be caused by a simple blockage, which can be removed using one of many drain unblocking techniques. In such cases, any damage to the drain will be minor; small cracks, unstable joints and minor root ingression can all be fixed relatively easily, often by way of a CIPP drain repair.
However, there can sometimes be more serious problems. Ground movements, surface works and major root ingress can all damage the structural integrity of the pipework, which means a more extensive drain repair will need to take place. This is something we can help with at Drain Doctor.
How do you repair a collapsed drain?
When it comes to repairing a collapsed drain, the first job is to diagnose the problem; at Drain Doctor, we do this by carrying out a CCTV drain survey. This will provide our engineers with details of the actual damage, the access to the problem area, the connecting pipework and the depth of the drain. We then use that information to determine the best form of drain repair.
If possible, we will always try to perform a ‘no dig’ drain repair such as a structural patch lining. That’s the most economical solution that will cause the least disruption to your home or business. Sometimes there’s no option but to excavate and replace the damaged pipework, which is something our engineers have the training and experience to do.
What are the signs of a collapsed drain?
You should act to repair a collapsed drain immediately to minimise the repair costs and limit the potential damage to your property. These are the tell-tale signs to look out for:
- Foul odours – The smell of sewage in your home is difficult to miss, so this is often one of the first symptoms you’ll notice. Smelling sewage around your drains or in your home may indicate damage somewhere along the pipe. It could also be a sign of a blockage. However, if you have the blockage removed and the smell continues, you could have a collapsed drain.
- Frequent blockages or sewage backups – If your property suffers from regular blockages, or worse still, backups of sewage, there’s a good chance a collapsed drain is the culprit.
- Damp or mould – If your drain is seriously damaged, the flow of water through your property will be disturbed, resulting in wastewater creating damp patches or mould on localised parts of your walls.
- Slow drains – Slow drains are one of the first signs of a drain blockage. However, if the drains remain slow even after they’ve been cleaned, the likelihood is there’s a more serious problem. A CCTV survey will be able to show whether the drain has been damaged in any way.
What does drain repair cost?
That really does depend on the nature of the drain repair. However, with Drain Doctor, you can rest assured that all drain repair costs will be quoted in advance so you know exactly what you’re paying for. We’ll also discuss all your options with you so you can find the most cost-effective solution. So, if you’re in need of a drain repair, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team.
Book a Drainage Technician
Complete the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.Book Now
Anthony James Fellows
Good but expensive.
Good and bad points with the service... Good points:
- Very prompt at replying to query.
- Able to come at a time and date that suited me.
- Good communication.
- As far as we know have sorted problem.
- Plumber friendly.
Unfortunately I would not recommend using the service as we are now having to deal with the mess that was left and are about to put our house on the market (which the plumber was aware of).
- Price changed halfway through the job.
- A lot of mess left (grey water on a large part of our garden and patio) if I had known this would be the case I would of asked them not to continue.
- Mess left in neighbours garden (grey water).
- Work not guaranteed as plumber thought he was unable to visualise inspection chamber, after discussing with my husband and reading surveyor report inspection chamber is actually in a different place (on front drive and very accessible). Also was not told work not guaranteed it was just printed on email invoice.
- Very expensive for work done.
Drain Doctor sorted out our blocked drain promptly and efficiently. We would highly recommend their services.
New Town, Edinburgh
Excellent service from start to finish.
Very good Service, I am the estate agent dealing with 2 different sales which both needed drain surveys after the building surveys - Will was very easy to deal with and took note that it was very important for everyone to getting updates on the drain survey results quickly important. With both drain surveys we had the results within hours of the survey taking place.
Town centre, Dorking
Very good service, the chap was polite and got to work straight away, informed us what was going on and what needed to be done.
Miss Amand Owers
Very quick response from start to finish.
Mrs Sarah Lloyd
A Professional Drain Clearance Service
Blocked drains can lead to many problems including bad smells, flooding and overflowing gutters. Our drain unblocking experts use state-of-the-art equipment to provide an efficient, cost-effective service to homeowners and businesses.Learn More
The Drain Doctor Difference
We have been providing professional plumbing and drainage services in the UK since 1994. Currently operating in over 55 locations nationwide, residential and commercial customers trust us to deliver the highest standard of work every time.About Us