Who does this notice apply to?
Us. We are Drain Doctor, ("Drain Doctor", "we" or "us") and we are part of a group of companies owned by Dwyer Franchising LLC based in Texas, U.S.A (known as "Neighborly").
This Privacy Notice tells you how we will process your personal data when you submit a job application via the Drain Doctor website (draindoctor.co.uk) (referred to in this Notice as the "website"). It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the Your Choices and Rights section. Drain Doctor will be responsible for your personal data (the 'data controller' in legal terms) in respect of its own use of your personal data as described in this Notice.
Our Franchisees. Where a job application is submitted via the website, it is an application for a job with one of our franchisees not with Drain Doctor. Our franchisees are independent business owners and each franchisee is responsible for its own data protection compliance. As you are applying for a position with one of our franchisees but the website is operated by us and in our name, we will pass on your application and personal data to the relevant franchisee and they will be in touch with you. Upon receipt of your application and personal data, that franchisee will be responsible (the 'data controller') for that personal data and its use in your application, recruitment and any potential employment with it thereafter, and if you have any questions about how that franchisee uses your personal data you should contact them directly as explained in the Contact Us section below.
What personal data we collect
We process the following types of personal data when you apply for a position with one of our franchisees via the website:
- Contact & identification information: such as your name, address, phone, email, gender, date of birth, home address, personal email address and personal phone number.
- Credentials & experience: such as your CV, employment history, educational background, achievements, career trajectory and interests.
- IT information: as you have submitted your application via the website, we may collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. For example, this includes the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you are using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information, and your browser type and traffic to and from our site.
- Any other information you submit to us: for example in either your CV or any covering letter you might provide with it.
Why we collect, use and store this personal data
We collect, use and store your personal data for the reasons set out below.
- To pass your application and personal data to our franchisee operating in the area in which you live.
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Disclosures to law enforcement agencies or in connection with legal claims and regulatory purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- Where necessary for Drain Doctor's legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
- Protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights. This includes, but is not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Maintaining the security and integrity of our facilities, equipment and electronic platforms. This includes administering access rights, monitoring compliance with company protocols.
How we share your personal data
We will share the information concerning your application with our franchisee for the area in which you live in order that it can consider your candidacy for any relevant open positions that it may have.
Your personal data will also be shared with companies providing services under contract to Drain Doctor, such as software and IT systems providers and other IT hosting and/or IT maintenance providers.
Personal data will also be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Your choices and rights
You have the right to ask Drain Doctor for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement or compelling interest).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in the country you reside, where you work or where we are located.
We will retain your personal data for a short period of 6 months. After such period we will take steps to delete your personal data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you.
If you have any questions about this Notice or how we or our franchisees use your data, please get in touch using the details shown in the Contact Details section below.
If you have any questions about the aspects of this Notice relevant to us, or the use of your personal data by us, please contact:
Address: Packington House, 3 – 4 Horsefair, Banbury, OXON., OX16 0AA
Tel: 0161 240 3700
For Our Franchisees
If you have any questions about the use of your personal data by the franchisee to whom it has been referred, please use the details provided to you by that franchisee in the initial email you received on their receipt of your personal data from the website.