Cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) is a type of sewer or drainage repair that can be used to reduce the risks, inconvenience and expense associated with replacing damaged areas of a pipe. This ‘no dig’ or ‘trenchless’ technology allows us to fix relatively minor defects in a length of sewer or drain, such as minor root ingression, small cracks or unstable joints, without having to dig up any part of your pipework. The result is a much faster and cheaper fix that reduces the disruption and inconvenience for your family or business.
What does CIPP involve?
Our expert team uses CIPP resin relining to make long-lasting fixes to pipe interiors without having to dig anything up. We use a liner that is layered with a special resin and is pushed into the pipe towards the damaged area where it bonds with the inside of the pipe and hardens. It fits tightly against the original wall of the pipe to restore the integrity of the drain or sewer. For more localised sewer repairs, we can use a process called CIPP patch lining. That uses a shorter length of CIPP liner to repair a small section of a longer pipe.
What are the benefits of this approach?
This type of fix can be used to counter existing problems or reduce maintenance issues for years to come. The benefits of a cured-in-place pipe repair include:
- Faster repair times – A pipe can typically be repaired within one day.
- No intrusion – There’s no requirement to dig up existing pipework. Once surveyed with CCTV equipment, we can carry out the repairs with minimal fuss.
- Reduced disruption – There’s no need to locate or divert services so a pipeline can be removed.
- Cost-effective – The speed of the repair reduces the costs dramatically.
- Reduced carbon footprint – The lack of any pipe excavation or extensive works allows the repair to be completed with minimal harm to the environment.
- Suitable for a range of pipe diameters – Pipes with a diameter of 100mm – 1200mm can be repaired.
- Long-lasting – A CIPP repair is long-lasting and can reduce maintenance issues for years to come.
Get in touch with our expert team
Our CIPP service is perfectly suited to damaged drains, pipes and sewers. Drain Doctor’s highly-trained technicians will provide a full assessment of the work required and only recommend a cured-in-place pipe repair if it’s the most appropriate solution for you. Get in touch today to discuss your requirements with our team.
Book a Drainage Technician
Complete the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.Book Now
Anthony James Fellows
Good but expensive.
Good and bad points with the service... Good points:
- Very prompt at replying to query.
- Able to come at a time and date that suited me.
- Good communication.
- As far as we know have sorted problem.
- Plumber friendly.
Unfortunately I would not recommend using the service as we are now having to deal with the mess that was left and are about to put our house on the market (which the plumber was aware of).
- Price changed halfway through the job.
- A lot of mess left (grey water on a large part of our garden and patio) if I had known this would be the case I would of asked them not to continue.
- Mess left in neighbours garden (grey water).
- Work not guaranteed as plumber thought he was unable to visualise inspection chamber, after discussing with my husband and reading surveyor report inspection chamber is actually in a different place (on front drive and very accessible). Also was not told work not guaranteed it was just printed on email invoice.
- Very expensive for work done.
Drain Doctor sorted out our blocked drain promptly and efficiently. We would highly recommend their services.
New Town, Edinburgh
Excellent service from start to finish.
Very good Service, I am the estate agent dealing with 2 different sales which both needed drain surveys after the building surveys - Will was very easy to deal with and took note that it was very important for everyone to getting updates on the drain survey results quickly important. With both drain surveys we had the results within hours of the survey taking place.
Town centre, Dorking
Very good service, the chap was polite and got to work straight away, informed us what was going on and what needed to be done.
Miss Amand Owers
Very quick response from start to finish.
Mrs Sarah Lloyd
A Professional Drain Clearance Service
Blocked drains can lead to many problems including bad smells, flooding and overflowing gutters. Our drain unblocking experts use state-of-the-art equipment to provide an efficient, cost-effective service to homeowners and businesses.Learn More
The Drain Doctor Difference
We have been providing professional plumbing and drainage services in the UK since 1994. Currently operating in over 55 locations nationwide, residential and commercial customers trust us to deliver the highest standard of work every time.About Us