Cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) is a type of sewer or drainage repair that can be used to reduce the risks, inconvenience and expense associated with replacing damaged areas of a pipe. This ‘no dig’ or ‘trenchless’ technology allows us to fix relatively minor defects in a length of sewer or drain, such as minor root ingression, small cracks or unstable joints, without having to dig up any part of your pipework. The result is a much faster and cheaper fix that reduces the disruption and inconvenience for your family or business.
What does CIPP involve?
Our expert team uses CIPP resin relining to make long-lasting fixes to pipe interiors without having to dig anything up. We use a liner that is layered with a special resin and is pushed into the pipe towards the damaged area where it bonds with the inside of the pipe and hardens. It fits tightly against the original wall of the pipe to restore the integrity of the drain or sewer. For more localised sewer repairs, we can use a process called CIPP patch lining. That uses a shorter length of CIPP liner to repair a small section of a longer pipe.
What are the benefits of this approach?
This type of fix can be used to counter existing problems or reduce maintenance issues for years to come. The benefits of a cured-in-place pipe repair include:
- Faster repair times – A pipe can typically be repaired within one day.
- No intrusion – There’s no requirement to dig up existing pipework. Once surveyed with CCTV equipment, we can carry out the repairs with minimal fuss.
- Reduced disruption – There’s no need to locate or divert services so a pipeline can be removed.
- Cost-effective – The speed of the repair reduces the costs dramatically.
- Reduced carbon footprint – The lack of any pipe excavation or extensive works allows the repair to be completed with minimal harm to the environment.
- Suitable for a range of pipe diameters – Pipes with a diameter of 100mm – 1200mm can be repaired.
- Long-lasting – A CIPP repair is long-lasting and can reduce maintenance issues for years to come.
Get in touch with our expert team
Our CIPP service is perfectly suited to damaged drains, pipes and sewers. Drain Doctor’s highly-trained technicians will provide a full assessment of the work required and only recommend a cured-in-place pipe repair if it’s the most appropriate solution for you. Get in touch today to discuss your requirements with our team.
Book a Drainage Technician
Complete the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.Book Now
Prompt courteous service if a little pricier than I had anticipated.problem solved
Excellent and responsive
Jonathan was professional and friendl. Explained everything clearly and showed me what he was doing and what he had done
Mr i stone
Prompt efficient service, friendly and professional would not hesitate to recommend this company
Mrs J McGranthin
West End, Glasgow
A Professional Drain Clearance Service
Blocked drains can lead to many problems including bad smells, flooding and overflowing gutters. Our drain unblocking experts use state-of-the-art equipment to provide an efficient, cost-effective service to homeowners and businesses.Learn More
The Drain Doctor Difference
We have been providing professional plumbing and drainage services in the UK since 1994. Currently operating in over 55 locations nationwide, residential and commercial customers trust us to deliver the highest standard of work every time.About Us